Depending on what type of business you have, you may want to consider harnessing the social media marketing potential of Pinterest. Pinterest is a social network that allows users to visually share and discover new interests by posting (known as ‘pinning’) images or videos to their own boards, while also browsing what other users have pinned.
Pinterest offers businesses of all sizes a unique way to market themselves to potential customers – as a visual search engine. So, if your business relies heavily on visual imagery and videos to target customers, then marketing on Pinterest may be a great avenue for you.
Pinterest Business has said social media marketers use the platform to:
- Reach a new audience and grow an online presence.
- Drive more traffic to the business website/online store.
- Encourage conversions like newsletter sign-ups, ticket sales, or online purchases.
Is Pinterest right for your business?
More than 87% of Pinterest users have bought a product because of the platform, so there is plenty of opportunities to reach users and convert them into customers. However, it is important to first establish if Pinterest is the right fit for your business by understanding who is on the platform.
- Half of all US millennials use Pinterest every month.
- 66% of its global audience is females aged 25-54.
- The biggest interest areas are fashion, food, auto, interior, and travel.
- Male pinners and Gen Z pinners are up 40% year on year.
Creating a Business Pinterest profile
You can either add a business profile to an existing personal account, convert your personal account into a business account, or create a business account from scratch. Here’s our step-by-step guide to creating one from scratch.
- Go to Pinterest.com/business/create. Use your business email and set a password to create the account.
- Fill out the signing-up details: language, location, business name, the description that best fits your business, and add a link to your website.
- Connect to your other social platforms, such as Instagram and YouTube.
- Consider running advertisements on Pinterest – you can change this preference at any time.
- Finish your profile: upload a profile picture, custom username, and your profile page description.
- Start creating boards and pins.
Pinterest Best Practices for Success
Our social experts have listed some of the important best practices to follow if deciding to persue Pinterest marketing for your business:
- Vertical imagery is key, with 82% of users browsing on mobile devices. Your ideal aspect ratio is 2:3 to avoid having to crop images awkwardly.
- A descriptive copy can help to improve SEO, so add context to your images, and encourage users to click on links.
- Text overlays can reinforce the visual message and instantly inform users what your content can offer them.
- Try different pin formats, such as videos or carousels, to keep your content fresh and engaging.
- Plan your boards carefully to group your similar content together. This is beneficial as Pinterest will recommend similar content to users when they engage with your content.
- Optimise your pins for SEO. After all, Pinterest is a visual search engine. Include keywords in pin descriptions, on boards and in the hashtags.
Social media marketing agency topclick has the necessary expertise to help you grow steadily across a wide range of social media platforms, utilising the enormous reach available to target the customers you want to engage. Get in touch with us today for more information.